Whatever the reason may be, if you feel the need for a car but also don’t want to invest the sum, car rental can be your answer. In western countries taking cars on rent has been a regular practice since a long time. But in India this trend is recently gaining popularity.
Now, as you gear up to rent a car, there is a very important point that you need to remember: Renting a car in India is very different than renting it in a western county. As a structured rule for the self-driven rented cars are yet to come in being here, you definitely need to exercise a bit of caution while renting a car.
Here are the 5 most important things that you need to consider before renting a car:
- Credibility of the Car Owner: Credibility of the car owner must be checked properly before you make the payment. To make sure that you are dealing with the owner of the vehicle only and no fraud, ask him to show the car documents. It can be a good idea to find a rent provider in the same locality where you are staying. In this case you can personally go and inspect. In the worst scenario it may also happen that the car being rented is not at all the property of the person you are in touch with. Hench, this step will go a long way to protect you from any further allegations.
- Condition of the Car:In most cases the person who is renting the car is expected to pay for the maintenance of the vehicle. Thus, it is very important to make sure that the car is in its best condition when you are renting it. Otherwise it can lead to a lot of cost and also hassle on your part. It is also a good idea to check out other best cars on rent to get a better option.
- Time Period:Consider the time period you want to keep the car. Do you want it for a week or six months? Or maybe you want it for a longer period. Check with the car owner whether he can provide the car on rent for that period. Of course you can return this one when the owner want it back and get a new one. But that will again need you invest some time researching and verifying. So, it can be the best option to stick to one car only if possible for the entire time period when you require the vehicle.
- Monetary Dealings:Do not pay any money in advance. Pay on the date you are getting the car in your hand. Many owners can ask for a security deposit. In this case make sure the sum is refundable. Use a payment method that is preferable to you. Never give out your financial details.
- Contact Information:Always take down the full name, phone number, e-mail id, address etc; so that you can contact him in case of emergency.
Once you’ve considered these things and are satisfied with them, you can happily go ahead and rent the car of your choice. It is always better to be safe than sorry.