If your vehicle is over three years old, it needs to undergo a MOT test yearly to ensure its roadworthiness. If a vehicle fails the MOT test, it must be repaired to conform to the standards. You can reduce the chance for failure by conducting a pre-MOT test of your own.
For example, you can perform a general pre-test by doing the following after starting the car:
- Make sure that the horn is working.
- Check the windscreen washers and wipers.
- Top up the screen wash if required.
- Verify that the blades on the wipers are intact.
- The seat belts must work well and not be frayed.
- Belts should be in good condition.
- The mountings should be secured.
Inspecting the Tyres
Before you enter one of the Exeter MOT testing centres, also check your tyres. Inspect the following:
- The tyres should be free of cuts or bulges.
- The tread should be at least 1.6 millimetres deep. Use a tread depth measurement gauge. If the rim around the perimeter of the grooves stands proud, you need to replace the tyres.
- Each tyre should match the opposite tyre on the same axle with respect to type and size.
- Make sure that the spare is road-legal for use.
Make a Complete Inspection of the Lights
Many MOT failures result from a car’s lighting system. Therefore, make sure that all your exterior bulbs are operational and the lenses are free from damage. Dipped and main beam headlights should work as well as the side lights on the front and rear. Also, check the reversing lights, stop lights, and rear and front fog lights. The number plate lights and indicators should work as well.
Breaking the Common Misconceptions Found with Used Cars
It should be noted that some people have a negative perception with used cars because of uncertainties that they bring...
The Main Benefits Of Buying A Used Car
Purchasing a new car can often be a significant investment while given the marketing techniques that the various companies use...
How to Spot a Good Quality Used Car
A huge number of individuals today are leaning towards the purchase of used cars because of the amount of convenience...
Get Top Cash Rates for your Old Car
If you have a car that has served you faithfully for many years, there will come a day when repairs...
Look for Used Car Parts If You’re Trying to Save Money
People who repair their own cars usually have one main complaint and that is the price of the parts they...
Advantages Of Buying A New Car
We have to start by saying that buying a new car is a significant investment that will get a hold...
What Are the Benefits of a Used Car
In today’s time, cars are commonplace. This can be problematic, especially if your car ends up breaking down. If your...