Transportation Vans are often considered to be one of the most economical means of travelling when there is a big group of passengers which is too big for car travels and not so big a crowd to go for a bus travel. In such cases, the 15-passenger vans come into the picture for which agencies offer lucrative prices. But these 15 passenger vans have a bad record of fatal accidents as in many cases the agencies show many pitfalls in taking precautionary measures and defy the driving rules. Sometimes these vans get over loaded and cause disasters.
Reasons behind such disasters could be many among which one could be the greed of the agencies to stuff more people than allowed, or not having enough funding to incorporate latest safety features in the vans.
Here are some basic rules shared by the Seaside VW dealer, for the 15-passenger van drivers and agencies, following which passengers could reach their destinations safely enjoying the ride with confidence and assurance.
Preparation Before the Drive
Before starting for the journey there are a few things to check without fail to ensure a safe driving experience. Here are those:
- Make sure all the passengers have worn their seat belts.
- Not to carry any more passengers than the number of seatbelts allotted in the vehicle.
- Place and arrange all the luggage carefully
- Avoid using the edge of the rear-most storage area.
- Check for the blind spots from all sides of the vehicle.
- Check for the Department of Vehicle services for any special licensing and proper training certificates of the drivers.
While Loading the Vehicle:
The thumb rule for checking out before loading the Passenger Van are the following:
- Verifying if the van is properly loaded and not overloaded.
- Checking out the tire pressures for installing proper inflation for each of them.
- Not loading objects on the top of the van as this increases the chance of a rollover.
- If lesser number of people are travelling, they should occupy front seats of the rear axle.
- Do not allow trailer attachments.
Driving Safety Tips:
Drivers of passenger vans need to follow certain rules for the safety of all. Here are the things to be strictly followed as instructed by the Seaside Volkswagen dealer:
- For every 400 miles there should be one certified driver.
- There should not be any continuous travel for more than eight hours.
- Make sure the driver to get rest for one hour for every two to three consecutive hours of driving.
- Drivers should not drive between 12:00 am and 6:00 am, without a special permission.
Additional Safety Tips for Travel:
The passenger van vehicles have different design features than other vehicles. The elongated shape, the heavy weight when fully loaded, and a higher center of gravity all combine to make driving more difficult and assume full control during emergency situations and in certain hostile weather conditions.
A 15-passenger van requires a bit of more time to accelerate, take a turn and to stop. The Steering and brake maneuvering at highway become more precarious, so speed should be picked up gradually and in a smoother fashion to minimize the large weight shifts which is one of the main reasons of losing control.
How to Spot a Good Quality Used Car
A huge number of individuals today are leaning towards the purchase of used cars because of the amount of convenience...
Get Top Cash Rates for your Old Car
If you have a car that has served you faithfully for many years, there will come a day when repairs...
Look for Used Car Parts If You’re Trying to Save Money
People who repair their own cars usually have one main complaint and that is the price of the parts they...
Advantages Of Buying A New Car
We have to start by saying that buying a new car is a significant investment that will get a hold...
What Are the Benefits of a Used Car
In today’s time, cars are commonplace. This can be problematic, especially if your car ends up breaking down. If your...
Guideline for Choosing the Best Indoor Car Covers
It is not enough to think that storing your car indoors will not cause any damages to it. Indoor storages...
Finding the Right Used Vehicle is Easier Than It Has Ever Been
One of the biggest advantages to choosing the right car dealer is that most of them now carry all types...
Rental2 years ago
Hire Advantage Car & Truck Rentals
Truks3 years ago
Expert Haulage Services and So Much More: This Is Your Source
Truks3 years ago
Car or truck Sellers – What towards Seem to be Out For Any time Acquiring a Volkswagen
Accessories2 years ago
Car covers for you to save cars from external obstacles